Learn UI in 100 Days - Day 1 - Figma in 40 minutes (half)
Posted: February 24, 2021
Starting today, I am going to learn UI design and frontend development for some hobby projects, and I am going to do it 1 hour every day, with a very simple post on what I got.
To get start, I am going to learn figma first, and here is an awesome video from YouTube, Figma in 40 Minutes, I learned the first half of it (up to 20mins) today! And Here is what I got after it.
Some loose notes
- frame tool, choose different frames (let's go for desktop)
- ctrl + scroll up/down for zoom in/out, otherwise it is up and down
- R for rectange
- O for eclipse
- holding shift to make it rigid
- also when rotate, it will rotate at good angles (like 90)
- Text (T)
- you know about it
- montserrat looks good
- Comment (C)
- use Photos to pick beautiful photos from unsplash, this is just like magic!
- Shape as mask
- card system or user
- Group (Ctrl + G)
- make selected objects a group, move together
- Frame - layout grid
Tomorrow I'll be doing the second half of this video, which I've peeked, it is about layout, and I am super excited to go on.